There is no grant application form. To submit, please write to us and include the following information:
Please send your grant in a 3-ring binder.
1) A current year-to-date financial statement
2) The most current FORM 990 filed with the IRS
3) Objectives and background
4) Budget, including sources of funding
5) Demonstration of need: Requested value and utilization of funds clearly stated
6) Specific plans and timetable of the project
7) Description of funding plans: both current and long-term
8) List of Board of Directors and key personnel
9) IRS 501(c)(3) tax determination letter
10) Contact Information: Name, Phone, Email, and Address
11) Mission Statement
We typically serve the geographical regions of:
ALL ABOVE INFORMATION MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN AUGUST 31 IN ORDER FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A CONTRIBUTION. CONTRIBUTIONS ARE MADE ANNUALLY IN DECEMBER.
Mail requests to:
The United Company Foundation
ATTN: Grant Application
1005 Glenway Avenue
Bristol, VA 20201
Grants are not intended to become part of an organization's annual budget. Less than 10% of the organization's budget should be spent on administration. During the review process, a site visit will also be required.
To assist those in need of help by providing assistance with food, shelter, clothing, education, youth programs, the Arts, health, wellness, and improve the quality of life in our community through financial grants to 501(c)(3) charitable organizations and philanthropic ministries within The United Company Foundation.
CHILDREN: To clothe, feed, shelter and educate children.
FOOD and SHELTER:
To feed and shelter those in need
To help those whose health is in peril and to develop new, innovative and technological ways to serve the health needs of society
ARTS and SCIENCES:
To contribute to the future cultural needs of our society in the arts and sciences
BRICKS and MORTAR:
To assist in building the hard assets which are required for supporting the above causes